Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Be Inspired. ~ My workshop experience.


Let me start by saying…. I was very anti workshop.  I have seen quite a few come and go in my area, and from what I have read attendees leave, unhappy, defeated, and sad they spent there hard earned money so frivolously.  So why did I, the anti workshop girl, fly across the country to attend a workshop?  I had a feeling?  Yes, I had a feeling… and I am so pleased to say, that the Be Inspired workshop created by Holli True was everything and more than I could have hoped for.

It has been one week as of tomorrow since I came home from Oregon.   I feel inspired and ready to take on new challenges.  I am ready to be more authentic with my art and start doing the things that I really love.  I am ready to put passion back in the areas of my business that have been lacking and I am ready to make changes I have put off for fear of failing and just the lack of knowledge to make it happen.  When I say the Be Inspired workshop is inspiring… I mean it…  but lots of things can be inspiring… as you will learn from Holli herself… it was so much more than that.  It was practical, real life knowledge that Holli shared with us.  She opened up her bag of tricks and let us not just peek inside, but jump right in.  She taught us things that just made sense… ideas and practical applications to things I have been dancing around but couldn’t quite reach…  she answered every question I threw at her…  and when I followed up with, “but why” she answered that too.  She showed me things like posing, workflow, editing, products, pricing, branding, creating my style, and so much more.  I learned things that I can guarantee you, I will be using for the rest of my career.  That is really something.

I wish I could put into words all of the things that made this trip so fabulous.  However I am not a writer…  so let me try to sum this up simply.  I was anti workshop, and now I whole-heartedly recommend the Holli True workshop to anyone who is looking to take the next step in your business.  For me it was like photography therapy.  Really.

I would like to thank Holli and Jeff for this wonderful opportunity.  I know you put a lot of effort and heart into our weekend together and you really pulled it off.  A special thank you to all the sponsor and especially Showit for the amazing prize!  To the girls of Class 01…  you quickly became a piece of me forever.  I will never forget sharing those days with you.  I loved learning from each and everyone of you and I cant wait to see where we all grow from here.  Period.

2 comments:

Denise DeCarbo said...

You said this perfectly Kelli!! I loved your thoughts and your words!!! On that note....period!!

Holli True said...

Oh my goodness. :) Thank you so much for the kind words and your honesty. It means the world!! I am so blessed to have met you, as well as the other attendees. You have all changed me in ways I could never begin to explain. Thank YOU for everything!! You are amazing and I know that there are wonderful things ahead for you- and I can't wait to see what they are!! :) Period.

Post a Comment