Saturday, May 14, 2011

kelli nichole

What is in a name?  As some of you have noticed photographic memory has recently gone through an identity change…  I am now officially Kelli Nichole Photography!!!  I am really excited to share this news with you and to show off my new evolving identity  : )  

I have been wanting to change for a while, but never had the guts!  Its not that I don’t love photographic memory, because I do, but back when I first decided I wanted to be a photographer I couldn’t find another one on the web… now there are dozens of photographic memory (ies)!   One thing I know…  there will never be another Kelli Nichole, and even if there were, she can’t be me!  When choosing a name and branding style I wanted something fun, fresh, authentic, and totally me!  I thought about everything I am called…
Sunshine- by my Nonnie
Sissy- by my Mom and Brother
Fräulein – by my Dad
Toogie, Monkey, Rat – by my hubby
Kelli Kins- by my aunts
Kell – by my friends
And Keddie – by my sweet Gavin

As a child I begged to my Mom to change my name to sparkle  : )  It was during a Rainbow Bright phase!! haha    I considered Kelli Nichole… but I was on the fence because of its unique spelling, and I worried how would people find me?  While attending the Holli True workshop a few weeks ago I sat and listed to Holli talk about how important it is to be true to yourself and if you are not happy with you name, your branding, your focus, and you identity as an artist… it is time to change!  So here I am, thrilled with the direction my business and headed and in a way starting over.  What better way to start over than to go back to my first true name… The one my parents picked for me 28 years ago.    So Kelli Nichole it is.

I love my name, I love this gift God has given me and where it has taken me, I love my clients, friends, and family who have been my biggest cheerleaders over the last few years!  I hope you will join me in the next and newest phase of this amazing journey called photography!

~Kelli Nichole


3 comments:

Holli True said...

Congrats on making the leap!! It's going to be amazing! :)

Mommy to Tyler & Maddy said...

Yay!!!! Love it! And I always love reading your blog posts!

Anonymous said...

I love your new name...and your new logo! Great job!

Post a Comment